Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yesterday's cooks..my Egg/BBQ addiction(pic heavy)

Options
Fornia
Fornia Posts: 451
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
On another one of my all day Egg benders yesterday….back/feet are taking a beating on the weekends. Work hard, EGG harder, right!!

Started off doing what I am now calling Sinfully Sweet Potatoes. Did everything I could on the Egg....then all combined in a pan with layered crumbled blue cheese. Heated in the oven before serving.
IMG_1915-1.jpg
IMG_1916.jpg
IMG_1918-1.jpg
IMG_1928.jpg
IMG_1984-2.jpg
Then a few wings…using Tasty Licks Savory Poultry. Then whipped up a sauce with some stuff in the fridge. Turned out real good…wings always do though thanks to the Egg! Although I’m not a social network person, I do have a somewhat anonymous twitter account (great for news, BBQ/fantasy football, btw). I sent a tweet w/photo of the wings to both Myron Mixon and Warren Sapp yesterday. Myron replied ‘look good enough to win’ and Warren replied, ‘Niiice!’. That was a highlight; doesn’t take much to excite me.
IMG_1962.jpg
IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg
IMG_1959.jpg
With GG’s help, I’m did a spiral ham. Pretty much following his method. Grabbed a concentrate of OJ/Pineapple/Apple. Also added some pineapple slices and ginger ale. Dusted with Tasy Licks Flyin’ Swine. He hit the nail on the head with the juice concentrate! Wonderful, and we’ll be doing it soon! Thanks GG!
IMG_1964-2.jpg
IMG_1968-2.jpg
IMG_1977.jpg
IMG_1985-2.jpg

Finally, some ABT’s with my first batch of vaccum packed Pulled Pork. I took these into the office today for the folks who love ABTs in the short few months since I've had my Egg. These are often requested now!

The day ended up being over 12 hours on one load of lump at 350+. Gotta love it!!!

My only problem seems to be….I’m cooking all day on the Egg, while missing all the NFL action. Already thinking I wasted some cash on the Directv Sunday NFL ticket. Although the Colts played last night and I did get to watch…and it was a good result! Flipping between that game and my Phillies may have warn out the ‘previous’ button on my remote, seriously!

The last few months (weekends) have been spent practicing on the KCBS cooks, as I'm working on putting together a team to compete locally. We'll be taking our CBJ class here in PA in April. Pork and ribs and chicken have gone well for me at this point, but brisket has been off and on and without a great one so far. But for yesterday I wanted to stay away from ribs, pork, and brisket; although it was tough as I had my hands on a brisket at Sam's Friday night. :blush: Yes, I put it back...and made sure to tell the wife for future areas where I need her understanding of my addiction to bbq. :woohoo:

It's all been fun though, but I need to keep from being burned out. I look at a monitor all day at work, and then spend my late nights (after doing the priorities) looking at more BBQ stuff...here, there, everywhere it seems. Yes...I have a problem.

But I do appreciate this forum and the great people who lend advice, support and interest. The forum made everything I did yesterday much easier! Next year, I hope to be at Eggtoberfest to meet some of y'all!

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Q on Jason with conifdence!! Believe in yourself and it will happen!!
    You put it out there and you are on it...it'll be...
    Great cooks!! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Jason, You're putting Berks County on the BBQ map! That's a lot of cooking for sure. I'll bet the Smoking Guitar player likes you. :laugh:
    Brian
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    IM-PRESS-IVE!!! ;)
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    good gosh man!! that is some good looking chow, I just finished eating and now all I can think about are those wings!! good job!!
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    It all looks darned good to me....especially the ham. You've inspired me to give this a try (practice run in advance of Thanksgiving)! Thanks for posting.. :)
  • Fornia
    Options
    Thanks Molly, I appreciate your kind words. You're one of those insipring folk on here!

I do know the SGP is right down the road...never unhappy when I'm there.

Brian, are you heading to the TurkeyFest he's having in Nov.?

Hoss & Fire egger, thanks! I'm amazed about the fact that I've not had/wanted deep fried wings since I've had them on the Egg. Now trying to work on some sauces. I'm the only one in the house who likes and heat, so it's brutally tough as the sole taste-tester on most occasions. The girls love them with that Tasty Licks Savory Poultry. Its good on everything IMHO.
  • Fornia
    Options
    Thanks Elzbth! It's a great one! GG put together a good guide on it.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Go for it Jason! :) I'm sure you and the Psychedelic Smoke BBQ team will have fun and do well.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options