Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Cooks for a Sports weekend???

Options
Fornia
Fornia Posts: 451
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For those of us who aren't lucky enough to be at Eggtoberfest, does anyone have anything special in line for a weekend of college ball, baseball, NFL, NASCAR...am I missing a WWE PPV tomorrow night? :whistle:

As a Phils fan here in PA, I'm pumped/worried about tonights All-World pitching matchup. Good as it gets on paper for the NL! Felt like a disgusted Rangers fan last night...that 8th inning...OK, I won't say any more. Ughh. Dang yankees.

I'm doing some wings, sweet sausage and split breats tonight for the game. Then tomorrow I'm planning on my first Sprial Sliced Ham for the Colts/Skins in the evening.

Anyone have any suggestions for the Spiral Ham? I remember GG posting something a while back, but can't seem to find anything recent in the search.

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I rarely plan that far ahead. When it's time to cook tonight, I'll figure something out. :)

Fornia wrote:
    As a Phils fan here in PA, I'm pumped/worried about tonights All-World pitching matchup. Good as it gets on paper for the NL! Felt like a disgusted Rangers fan last night...that 8th inning...OK, I won't say any more. Ughh. Dang yankees.

As for your baseball comment, yeah, that 8th inning was AWESOME, huh?! :laugh: :laugh: Phils game tonight should be a good one too.

20090705-0570-940px-yankees-logo.jpg

"It ain't over til it's over."
    Lawrence Berra

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Smokin' Wolverine
    Options
    hawkeyes

Go Blue
    Denard for Heisman
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Just got back from the Grand Kids Foodball Game (12 year olds) Great game & fantastic weather. It was one of the boys birthday so the parents (Samoan) made a plate for each of the team member, coaches and family. 145 lunches. They served 2 sweet samoan chicken thighs, 2 hot dogs, cold macaroni salad, rice, chop sui (Samoan style), small serving of Haagen Daas ice cream, a orange/grapefurit/watermellon drink and a can of pop. Now that's throwing a brithday party.

I have been trying to figure out the chicken thigh sauce and seasoning but can't quite get to their quality. Been working with brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce and sprite.
    samoanchick.jpg

On to the spiral ham. Spiral Ham is fantastic. The link is below.
    ham4.jpg

The orange concentrate really adds to the flavor.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=787131&catid=1

Enjoy, GG
  • Egg Master 3000
    Options
    I heard Wolverine meat is good...
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    As for your baseball comment, yeah, that 8th inning was AWESOME, huh?! Phils game tonight should be a good one too.

Awesome isn't quite the word for me....unfortunately, the meory of last year is still burning. :angry: I hope we get a rematch of last year...but gotta get past the Freak and SF first. They look real tough right now!

THANKS so much GG!
    I'm going to pretty much follow your cook, and will do combo orange/pineapple concentrate. Going to do it with Sweet Potato/blue cheese/brwn sugar mashers and asparagus with hollandiase. Should've got a loaf of sourdough started, not enough time in the weekend.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Jason, a few weeks ago a local burger shop was giving out free sweet potato french fries. That is the first time I have ever tasted sweet potatoes, they were goooood.

I think I will give the sweet potatos you talked about a try too. The pineapple might be a good addition, looking forward to reading what you think of the end cook.

Kent