Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One more "The Chicken" and "The kids Chicken"

Options
SmokeyPitt
SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After all the rave reviews I had to give this a try. I have to agree that it was wonderful. I think my 6 year old daughter summed it up best when she said "for Christmas, you should leave this chicken for Santa instead of cookies".

The Stuff:
IMG_0474.JPG

The Veggies (ok...I should say "some veggies" because I just improvised here). On a side note- baby bella mushrooms are wonderful.
IMG_0477.JPG
...notice the customized pan. This is for use with the BGE 3 tier rack (using 2 levels). That silly post that goes straight up the middle can be a pain.

On the egg:
IMG_0491.JPG

On the plate:
2010-10-12%2020.27.46.jpg

The kids chicken:
My 2 youngest won't do spicy, so to be on the safe side I improvised some weak sauce. I basically just used all of the non spicy ingredients and some Stubbs sweet BBQ sauce. I used lemon juice, vinegar, Worcestershire to thin it out. It was tasting a little bland so I mixed in some of the real sauce to give it just the slightest kick. It turned out pretty tasty and the little ones loved it. The original chicken was also great, and to my surprise not too spicy at all once applied to the chicken. My oldest (10) devoured it.

Thanks RP for the recipe and the advice!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments