Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Improvements on Mr. Toad's Pork Loin?

Options
JimboBQ
JimboBQ Posts: 197
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We're having guests over this weekend and of course, I must use the egg! I want to do something seasonal, but turkey and ham are out of the question. I thought Mr. Toad's Pork Loin looked good with the apples and apricots. Kinda goes along with the season. Does anyone out there think it can be improved upon with a good rub? Or how about injecting it with a butter/garlic/creole marinate? I can't wait for suggestions. Bring 'em on![p]Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...

Comments

• JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    Options
    I could also use a suggestion for a good wine to go with Mr. Toad's Pork Loin. I'm not much of a wine guru, but these guests do seem to know wines.
    Thanks,
    Jimbo[p]

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    JimboBQ,
    That is a very good recipe. You can adjust it anyway you want and it's still good. Feel free to add or remove to your hearts content.
    Try Yellow Tail Chard. Cheap and drinks like a $$ bottle of wine!
    Enjoy

Apollo Beach, FL
  • JimboBQ,[p]There are 2 other pork loin things I just love. One is the coffee crusted tenderloin. The other is the raspberry-chipotle marinade. I've had nothing but raves from either.[p]mShark
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Wardster,
    I may be a little late on this recommendation; however because of the ingredients used on a Mr. Toads's tenderloin, try a light red wine. It will have enough tannin to offset, the sweetness of the fruits used.
    Hammer