Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanksgiving Thanks!

Options
Bill Bressler
Bill Bressler Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I Just wanted to thank everybody for their advice on how to do an amazing turkey on Thanksgiving (on the BGE, of course!). It came out spectacularly, and I even posted a closeup in the gallery section (titled, "My first, but not my last").[p]I went a fairly simple route, brining the day before, basting with olive oil, and adding beer soaked smoke chips just before putting it on. Everyone was blown away, just blown away. Not only did it taste amazing, but the turkey itself looked like it belonged on the cover of Gourmet magazine![p]The only faux-pax (?) of the day, was actually putting stuffing inside the bird. Yep, the stuffing was smokey (not in a good way), and fortunately there was plenty extra that was done in the oven. [p]So happy holidays, and I hope everyone has a great New Year![p]Sincerely,
Bill Bressler