Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanksgiving veggies

Jim Benenson
Jim Benenson Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The egg is lit and reaching a 400 degree dome temperature. Because others are cooking the turkey this year, we have been assigned other foods. My contribution is sweet potatoes with pineapple and maple syrup. I'm cooking the sweet potatoes in foil for 30 to 40 minutes, then removing them from the egg and slicing them into 1/2 inch slices. Next I brush them with oil and apply a little kosher salt, add some cherry chunks to the egg, and grill the slices for about 5 minutes (until done). After removing the potatoes to a shallow baking pan, I grill pineapple slices for about five minutes, rotating them half-way through for a nice grill pattern. When done, I layer them on top of the sweet potatoes, and pour 100% Vermont maple syrup of the fruit. The entire dish is transported to our host/hostess' house for rewarming. The magic is in the egg's ability to retain the moisture in the vegetables, which in turn allows them to absorb the smoky sweetness of the cherry wood. Combine those flavors with the syrup, and you have entered nirvana.[p]Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Comments