Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Using BGE without fire ring with inverted plate setter?

Options
mike
mike Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can you substitute an inverted plate setter for the fire ring to get a large turkey 25 pounds to sit lower in the Egg? We finally got our plate setter but there are no instructions with it. [p]Could this harm the BGE doing it this way?

Comments

• tn slagamater
    Options
    Mike, you can not hurt the egg by removing the fire ring. However, it will put your bird much closer to the heat. Even with the plate setter it will be very hot near the bottom so I would add a pizza stone or pan to further deflect the heat. Pull your temp guage out to get more room also...

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Mike,
    here is a link for how i'm planning on getting my turkey, in roasting pan, into the egg without taking out the fire ring. ..you should do a test fit in the morning prior to firing up the egg. .. .[p]

[ul][li] link to archived message[/ul]
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Mike, As long as you have adequate air around the setter.
    Hey guy..Long time you lost in forest. Has that little girl grown any?? I tried e.mail but your secketary didn't change it for the bettah.
    Mines good....happy Thanksgiving!!
    C~W