Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Probably Tired of this, another Newbie Intro

Feeding Frenzy
Feeding Frenzy Posts: 87
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Evening everyone! Though this is my first post, I have been lurking here and egging for years. I finally decided to become a member, so I can hopefully contribute to this wonderful board. Thanks to so many of you that have been regular contributors here over time. I have learned so much from many of you. I just felt it was time to give back a bit. Looking forward to it. :)

Thanks!
Keith aka Feeding Frenzy

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Welcome aboard FF!
  • Well Keith, welcome aboard. I also "lurked" for quite awhile before deciding to become a member of this forum. The people are great, helpful and dedicated to good food!! I'm glad I decided to become a member a few years ago, although I don't talk much, I enjoy the company very much!!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Welcome Keith!! you will find lots of friendly people here ready to help with any issues. if no one happens to answer your question right away though there is a good search feature up and to the left on the page. what do you have for eggs? have you broken down yet and added a second LOL might as well prepare for it most find it in their future ;)there is also a great fest coming up in your neck of the woods in April! you will have to make sure to sign up quick though as I think it will sell out even faster this year once they open registration! hope we get to meet there, Julie
  • Welcome to the forum. :) I'm sure you will fit right in. Tim ;)
  • Welcome aboard FF

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Welcome Keith to our cult - we like pictures ;)
    Howdy from Texas
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Welcome to the family...glad to meet you Keith
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Welcome to the dark side... :laugh:
    Seriously - you are so right about this wonderful forum - so many people willing to help you. I also lurked for years before jumping in - could kick myself for waiting so long! :)
  • Welcome, I don't think I will ever get tired of greeting new members just as I was welcomed so nicely when I joined the club. Looking forward to your posts and share your recipes and pictures.

Smokin'Stogies in Exton, Pa with my wife and our four dogs; Sully and Boo the Newfoundlands, Murphy the Irish Setter and Alli the Beagle/Lab mix. 

Eggers Prayer-

Our egg, which art in sizes, hallowed be thy smoke, thy will be grilled, at home as it is at eggfest. Give us this clay our daily brisket and forgive us our rubs, as we forgive those who gas grill against us, and lead us not to flashback but deliver us from overnighters. For thine is the grill, the smoke, the egg. Let's eat!

• Thanks to everyone for the welcome! I have seen lots of good stuff here in food, and in group gatherings. Looking forward to being part of it.
    Confused: Should I respond to each person? Or is a group thanks ok? Don't want to offend anyone, but don't want to be a hog with screen space either. What is the protocall here? Thanks!
  • Keith,

Glad you took the plunge. You probably have some things to share too. Welcome

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• well Keith since you have been lurking you have figured out that we are really not to bright ,as a group, and really need pictures :laugh: :blink:
    welcome and i look forward to your posts [with pix]

are you sure you want to be part of this kind of group??

freds010.jpg
  • Lower Case bill: Let's see...I see some receding hair lines, and some bald heads, and some abs that don't look like they did 20 or so years ago....I think I'll fit right in! :blush:
  • DrZaius
    DrZaius Posts: 1,481
    Feeding Frenzy wrote:
    Evening everyone! Though this is my first post, I have been lurking here and egging for years. I finally decided to become a member, so I can hopefully contribute to this wonderful board. Thanks to so many of you that have been regular contributors here over time. I have learned so much from many of you. I just felt it was time to give back a bit. Looking forward to it. :)

Thanks!
    Keith aka Feeding Frenzy

Welcome FF! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    This is the greatest signature EVAR!
  • Feeding Frenzy, As far as replying It depends so do what you feel is right. ;) Tim

I didn't know there was anybody left in Homestead, Fl. Were you living there when the Hurricane Andrew hit there in 92?
  • Tim: I was not in Homestead for Andrew, nor are there many remaining that were. But Homestead is a busy young city with an Air Force base, lots of agriculture, Nuclear Plants for South Florida, the entrance to Key Biscayne National Refuge, etc. Homestead Motor Speedway is huge, and it is the last stop before entering the Florida Keys. Its actually a very interesting place, full of a great cross mix of cultures. Thanks for the inquiry.
  • Keith: Welcome fellow Floridian! My husband and I lived in Homestead for a year, but that was about 3 or 4 years ago. We enjoyed it down there! Hope you take advantage of being close to "Robert Is Here" for all his unique produce offerings! Welcome to the forum, and I see it's not exactly new to you. Look forward to your input in the future. :)
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Welcome FF, looking forward to your contributions and pics!
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    Keith, welcome, have your camera ready!
    Gary
    canuckland
  • Little Chef: We live very close to Robsrts, we are right off Krome Ave. Love that place, espeically when the corn and tomato season happens! They are planting here now for harvest in a couple months. I can't wait. Thanks!
  • Frenzy: Too bad we aren't still down that way. We would have been right around the corner. Roberts was about a 10 minute drive for us out to the farm. A shame we didn't meet sooner. :( If you ever venture North to Lauderdale, please let us know, and we will do vice versa. :)