Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cedar Wraps First Use

Options
bitslammer
bitslammer Posts: 818
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Decided to try the cedar wraps I got from woot. Decided to do teh whole dinner on the mini.

First Up - Rosemary Mashed Potatoes I always do my mahsed potatoes on the egg. They really do pick up a little smokiness.
5023774447_7d8bfd32e7_z_d.jpg

Wrapped Asparagus that was drizzled with olive oil and salt & peppered. Used long scallions to tie them up but the scallions kept breaking. I need to practice up on these. Maybe tie them in a Clove Hithc next time ??
5024385680_94ea708413_z_d.jpg

Here's the end result plated. I threw some Costco spiral sliced ham on and W*O*W was that good. I';ll have to remember that for a quick winner. The gravy was some leftover mushroom gravy from a dish my wife made last night. Guess you can tell what my favorite holiday is from the table. B)
5024386346_33673310cf_z_d.jpg

For me the cedar taste was too powerful for the asparagus. Would be great for fish though or something that can take that much flavor.

Comments