Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

blasphemy!

Rsqare
Rsqare Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
While at my local dealer picking up a thermometer for my new mini(which I bought in Atlanta as a demo-it wuz so cute!) I saw a grill Ithink called a Primo which the sales guy refered to as a gas-fired egg. It definatley was made out of some sort of ceramic. Why would you wnt one? It seems to me that they are missing a big part of the allure and taste of the egg which is the charcoal. I think I will stick to my eggs(medium and mini now). Just wondered if anybody else had seen these things. Also built a table on Sunday to hold the eggs , now I'm cookin' in stereo!

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Rsqare,[p]
    You know, there are actually some people out there that prefer gas grills to charcoal lump. But then some folks like townhouses or trailers or apartments. I agree with you but the egg does require some attention. It's well worth the time to use the Egg, but it does require some extra time that old gassey doesn't. Now the end result is WELL worth the time expended but some people may not think so. Hey, that's why they put a stove in most kitchens! [p]I can't help think that an enclosed ceramic (or cement) object with lp gas inside with a sparking device or fire is kinda like the Apollo 13. Who remembers that - raise your hands out there.[p]Tim

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Tim M, I watched it live on T.V. One of the most heartrending things I have ever seen. "We have a malfunction" sticks clearly in my mind. Memorial Day is not far off.
    C~W