Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Menu Help

Options
Brokersmoker
Brokersmoker Posts: 646
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife has started back to school for her master's degree and has delegated the cooking to me. Problem is that by the time thaat I get home prep food and cook (preferably on egg) it is much later than we she wants to eat. I'm looking for ideas that I can cook on the weekend and reheat through out the week hopefully without losing too much of the "fresh flavor" All ideas will be considered, soups, stews, pulled pork etc.

Thanks
Ken

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Try this...

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=964378&catid=1

London broil, TRex style. It's best right off the egg, but leftovers (unheated) are awesome too. Mine was slightly smaller than the one in Smokin' Stogies' post, but I still got several meals out of it.

Spatched chicken and roast beef are good too - reheated or not. Lasagna is even better reheated than it is the first time. Freezes very well too!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• troutman
    Options
    Same situation here, mostly. Here are some of my go-to dishes:

- Clay Q's pulled beef in Foodsaver bags; just re-heat in pan of water, cut open and eat on bread/tortillas

- Tri-tip - make double portions, slice and refrigerate; great re-heated or at room temp

- Beans - easy peasy

- Roasted chicken - makes great tacos

- Roast turkey - excellent sandwiches and lunches

- Pork butt - same as pulled beef

- hot dogs and burgers - quick cook - we vary with turkey burgers

- chicken sausage - quick cook

- lots of veggies as sides for the above - I buy the frozen sweet potato fries and heat them on a cookie sheet - they are pretty tasty

Hope this helps.
  • Shazbot
    Options
    We like to make Reubens with our leftover pulled pork!
  • Adult ADHD
    Options
    I often make "split and freeze" meals. For example, I brown some ground beef with chopped onions and bell peppper. Half becomes chili and the other half spaghetti sauce. I freeze half of these two for a later time. I do the same with chicken and make several dishes. This week, I smoked a turkey breast. That was supper one night, sandwiches and turkey-n- rice soup.
    Learn the cheaper healthier meals to eatout too. It is sometimes easier to leave the kitchen clean.
  • Little Chef
    Options
    Brokersmoker: Don't know if this would be a viable option for you, but might the wife be willing to light the egg half an hour or so before you arrive home, so the egg is pretty much ready to go?? :huh: Only takes a few minutes to give a basic lighting and vent settings lesson...then she can go back to her studies. You come home, and the egg is ready to fire up supper!? :huh: You add new lump as needed as you shut it down for the night, and all she needs to do is light? Just a thought...a true team meeting in the middle kinda thing... :whistle: