Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's on your Egg for Sunday NFL Kickoff?

Options
Fornia
Fornia Posts: 451
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Gotta love the smell of Pigskin on a Sunday morning...whether it be your Egg, or the NFL action all day!

Doing some wings, Salt & Vinegar Potatoes and then a Pizza later.

Anyone got anything planned out for a wonderful Egg/NFL combo today?

Here's a picture from halftime at the Super Bowl, right before Emeril was super happy...and I, super sad.

Go Colts!Emeril.jpg

Comments

• AlwaysGolf
    Options
    NFL kickoff weekend interrupted by me having to take DD to one of her friends birthday party. Always happens when the wife is scheduled to work. Will put on a couple of spatchcocked chickens and some potatoes to have ready when the wife gets of work and just in time for the night game!!

Go Dolphins!!!
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Great picture! No egged food this morning, fresh bagles & lox, but a nice rib eye for the late game today. And either some crash hots or twiced baked taters.

Lets go Chargers!
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    I always do a pot of chili to celebrate the first NFL Sunday each year. This year it is White Chili, with Great Northern Beans, White Meat Chicken, & Fresh Cracked White Pepper, along with jalepeno's, etc.
    Oh, and some cornbread.
  • Eggs-oteric
    Options
    Got a small brisket going as I type. Later--throwing on a turkey breast (kids lunches next week).

Go Eagles!
  • Boxerpapa
    Options
    Going to have a spatchcocked Seahawk :laugh: :laugh:

391770014.jpg
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Jason,
    I've got a few fat pork chops I'll stuff, a yam, asparagus, some peaches and avacados. I think I'll put some peaches and avacado in the chops and see if it sucks...hahaha
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • walrusegger
    Options
    This will be enjoyed this afternoon at Fed Ex before the Skins put a hurtin' on the 'boys!

Tailgatepicnic-1.jpg
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Options
    1st attempt at spatchcocked chicken just went on.
  • UPinSMOKE
    Options
    I just fired up the Egg and am about to cook a nice slab of boneless ribs I found at Wilke's Market in Duluth, GA yesterday afternoon. I plan on a 3 hour low/slow smoke (using Jack Daniels chips), then when that comes off I'll throw on a meatloaf and smoke it with Mesquite chips for lunches this week. ;) Hate to waste lump!

Pat
  • Adult ADHD
    Options
    Pizza and Beef Tenderlion. If the nutrition police show up, I'll open a can of green beans.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    walrusegger wrote:
    ...before the Skins put a hurtin' on the 'boys!

Wouldn't that be great?!! One can always hope!! :)

Marinated london broil for me (from Smokin' Stogies recent TRex post). Hope mine looks as good as his did!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• BigGreenGregg
    Options
    Heatin' up now for pizza pies! Pix later.
  • Fornia
    Options
    Did the winge indirect with PS...350 with apple and cherry chips...till nice and crispy. Brined the wings for the first time...think we could notice the difference. Might start to brine wings for a while...see if there really is a difference. Signore Bernardo Poultry rub from Fred's is AMAZING.

Did the pie in pan on top of PS, Grid, Fire bricks to bring pan above level of gasket.

Whole wheat storebought (wont do it again, not into whole wheat pizza), then pesto, sliced tomato, and fresh mozz. Still very very good!

IMG_1596.jpg
    IMG_1636.jpg
    Anika was also pissed the Colts lost..
    IMG_1645.jpg
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    All this talk of salt & vinegar potatoes intrigues me and I find it relevant to my culinary interests.

Please share your technique and any additional pertinent information.
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    Watching a classic game, Cowboy V Redskins. Go Cowboys!

Not your typical football fare, but I am making FL Grilling Girls recipe, Salmon w/ Mango Peach salsa.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Your speaking in tongues,I think you've been hanging out with the wrong people :whistle:
  • Redmono
    Options
    Cedar planked salmon!! It was great.

Go Packers!!!
  • Fornia
    Options
    Watch a show on Cooking Channel called Simply Deliciouso...Host did a Argentina Skirt/Chimi with the S&P/Vinegar Potatoes.

Cut up the potatoes in bit sized pieces...

Took a bunch (few cups) of red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic, chili powder (I used sweet paprika instead), drizzled with EVOO and then put the cut potatoes in to marinate (if thats really possible with a potato?). Then on at 375...added chopped onions 3/4 of way through.
    They were great...everyone raved of them.

Picked up a garlic vinegar at the pepper fest in Bowers, PA yeaterday...used some of that with the red wine vinegar.