Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: It almost didn't happen...

Options
Grandpas Grub
Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I sure want to tell all of you thanks for your posts, thoughts, well wished and keeping us in your prayers.

Had to be at the hospital at 5:30am. After getting all the questions done and ready to go under my blood was too thin and they were about to cancel the surgery. My blood was two thin. The Oncology Surgeon had a Plastic Surgeon to assist. The doc’s came in and we were discussing the options. I told them if there was any chance to get on with the surgery to do it. The gas passer came in and explained the potential problems and again I said if there is any way to proceed let’s get it done. So a vitamin K shot and 4 units of frozen plasma they put me on the cutting board.

I later learned the surgery took 5 hours under the knife and just under 30 lbs of mass removed. The size of the mass was about the size of one of the small metal garbage cans we use to sift/sort ash. I won’t know much about the tumor/mass until sometime next week, so all that is still out in front of me. One step at a time.

I was told I would be in ICU for 2 or more days, then some more days on ‘the floor’ (normal recovery room). It turned out I was only in the ICU a relative short time and the remaining time on ‘the floor’. Out of the hospital yesterday evening. Considering the going’s on I feel pretty good, very tired but good.

Again, Thank You!!!

Kent & Shelagh

Comments