Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

doubble butts

Options
glenn
glenn Posts: 151
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did a test post when I started my cook jut to see if I cold get it right
Now my butt is done so here is the story board of my cook[p]100_0207.jpg
2 butts in mustard 7:00 am Sunday 11-14-04[p]
100_0208.jpg
2 butts all rubbed and happy (nothin better than havin your butt rubbed on Sunday morning ;)[p]
100_0209.jpg
2 rubbed butts moved to a V rack headin for the EGG[p]
100_0210.jpg
2 butts all nestled in and comfy, my set up is as follows
Inverted plate setter, Dip Pan, raised grate and a V rack wih 1 can of cheap beer in the drip pan.[p][p]
100_0211_0001.jpg
Stable at 180 for the start of the cook
I will let the temp ramp up to 250 or so thru the cook.
But I like to get things pretty stable at a low temp then ease into my cookin temps, I dont seem to have to adjust the temps as much as if I let things get to hot and then try to calm it down.[p]
100_0216_0001.jpg
Ready check ET-73 all set up to monitor the temps[p]
umbrella.jpg
Damn it just had to rain but oh well we'll get her done anyhow.[p]
100_0222.jpg
took the 2 butts off at 187 internal and brought them int the kitchen to wrap em in aluminum foil (8:12 pm Sunday 11-14-04)
The temp went as high as 270 but settled at 256 and never moved off for the rest of the cook.
I never adjused anything for the entire cook and I didnt even raise the lid untill it was time to remove the butts from the egg[p]
100_0223.jpg
butt off the rack and in the foil ready to wrap and put away
it was hard to remove from the V rack without tearing it up VERY tender stuff, And I must say my butt realy smells good ;)
I will take one to work on wednesday for our office Thanksgiving get together and probably make ABTS for the real turkey day at home form the other one.
hope this post looks ok.
Happy eggin to all
Glenn

Comments