Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's been a crazy week... time to catch up

Options
Egg Juju
Egg Juju Posts: 658
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Needless to say... I love my Egg!! I am very pleased that it lives up to everything I have read about it. I have posted a few cooks and have had quite a few more. I cooked for 4 last Saturday, just us on Sunday, and 30+ yesterday. We are in full recovery mode today. So, I wanted to catch up with some great Eggin posts.

First I made Kelantan Chicken from Planet Barbecue. Our resident Thai expert says it was the best he had since he left Phuket. :) I think thats a good thing. The spatchcocked chicken gets a paste/marinade applied. It is made from lemongrass, coconut, ginger, garlic, bird chili, shallots, coriander, cumin, turmeric, fish sauce, toasted sesame seeds, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper.
1.jpg

After resting in the fridge for about 5 hours I put it on the egg at about 350. Here we are half way through right after the flip.
3.jpg

I cut it into quarters and served it with some fresh lime slices and a Thai peanut sauce. Very fragrant and tasty.
4.jpg

We also had sticky rice and a green papaya salad.
5.jpg

Thai food to make you forget the local buffet
6.jpg

The next day I was planning to make the Grilled Ham Steak from the Big Green Egg cookbook. I was watching the BBQ pitmasters struggle with mac & cheese so I had to have some of that too. I used the recipe form the BGE cookbook and it was a nice change from our normal mac and cheese... which is also quite good.
I liked the glaze for the ham steak made from cherry cola, grenadine, a bunch of fresno's, and some corn starch to thicken. Both recipes are worth a try.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

The family reunion was wild... people everywhere and food cooked for days. I was totally impressed that I was able to run the egg on a small amount of fuel for 24 hours. I did butts for 15, then smoked Canadian Loin Back Sausage(baloney) and an Italian style fatty for about 3, and then finished with 2 batches of cajun wings. The wife put on a show too, but we were so busy the photos of food were limited.

SCLBS and fatty on...
1.jpg

Wangs on!
2.jpg

Dinner
3.jpg
4.jpg

It was truly two great weekends in a row, but the best was getting to see family we haven't seen in some time.
Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com

Comments