Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

active thread disappearing

Options
Boilermaker Ben
Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
Forum admins:

I view the forum in "classic view" (I think), with "active thread first". This morning, I responded to this thread: http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=955010&catid=1 . Being the most recently active thread, it moved to the top of the forum list, but a few minutes later it disappeared. I believe this is because the original posting was made three days ago, and since I haven't changed the viewing options from the default "showing threads for 3 days", it was hidden. Is there a way to change, so that when a member selects "active thread first", the "showing threads for X days ago" applies to the date of the most recent post, rather than the original post? I understand that I can increase the number of days in the viewing options (and will do so), but it just seems illogical that it be determined by the original post date when a member selects "active thread first".

Thanks,
BB

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Ben,

My settings somehow get changed without me clicking on the "active thread first" or "newest thread first" links. Don't know why, but it happens.

By the way, only the link for the way you are not viewing shows up. If you see the "newest thread first" link then you are viewing active thread first (which means the thread with the most recent post and not the thread with the most recent creation).

I hope I have sufficiently muddied the waters for you.
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    Lol, thanks Fidel. I know that the link for the current viewing mode doesn't show up...that's why I wasn't sure if "classic view" was the acurate term. ;) Too lazy to change my view so I could see the actual name of the view I had been using.

I've been fiddling around with it, and am clearly in "active thread first". It looks like the number of viewable days keeps reseting to the default 3 days. Might be a cookie issue, though.

Aggravating. Admittedly a minor aggravation, but it's there. My post was more an attempt for continual improvement than a gripe. Hopefully it will be recieved as such.