Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT?? FEMA Camping trailers for Eggers

Options
milesofsmiles
milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
edited November -1 in Off Topic
Just shown on the news that the Guvmint is going to sell the Katrina FEMA trailers. Some where in Texas are lots O them. All or many are new never used. Some of y'all could pick up a good deal. Never mind the formildhyde (sp). It's just an enbalming thing. LMAO. :):):)

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    They auction off hundreds of them along the I-75 corridor between Atlanta and Chattanooga. They are cheap for a reason.

My personal mantra is that cheap things ain't good and good things ain't cheap.
  • TNmike
    TNmike Posts: 643
    Options
    Several hundred have been auctioned in West TN also. You have to check each one though! Many are not 'self contained', they don't have water or sewage holding tanks. They were made to be hooked directly to commercial water, sewage, and electrical systems. Now some are self contained travel trailers so just be sure of what you are getting if you check them out. Mike
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    A lot of people don't realize that those clothes they're wearing may have toxic levels of formaldehyde in them, even well used clothes.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/233417/should_you_wash_new_clothes_they_could.html

For many years I was a safety dude for the trucking industry and I preached heavily about keeping fresh ventilation coming into the cab while driving. The reason was formaldehyde in the upholstery and their clothing, especially the wash & wear, no-iron trousers. In fact, it explained most of the headaches drivers got while driving for long periods without stopping. It was really bad in the winter.

Mobile homes used to be loaded with the stuff, not only in the plywood but in the carpet, drapes, walls, ceilings, and furniture. May still be for all I know. The stuff was so strong it would make you sick in the few minutes you might spend looking at a new one on a dealer's lot. Heat made it worse.

Formaldehyde should be the last thing a living being should come in contact with, and then only if they wished to be pickled in a jar somewhere.

Spring "Pickling Is Not In My Future" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • reccitron
    reccitron Posts: 176
    Options
    I know some people that bought some last summer that were never used. Supposedly the government payed $17,000 for them and the reseller paid $1,700. The people I know paid about $3,700 for them. They did not have holding tanks.