Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One last butt question before

Options
Steelers252006
Steelers252006 Posts: 115
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
my approxikmately eight hour trial run tomorrow at a baby butt(four pounder). I am going to season, smoke, and I was wondering if anybody liked to put sauce on towards the end if eating the pulled pork way, or if it's better just to put sauce on after off the grill. Was going to use mesquite to smoke with. That's about, seems pretty simple Simon. I can hardly wait!! :cheer:

Comments

• BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Options
    Sauce is for post cook....
    Kent Madison MS
  • Scooby's Eggin again!
    Options
    Some people like a little and some people like a lot. I let them put it on afterwards. For me I just need a little, because I like to taste the meat, that is so good!

Rich
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Steelers...I wouldn't add sauce, it will soften your bark, which the vast majority covet as the best part! You can add a bit of sauce on the side, or on your sammie if you choose to, but enjoy the full experience of the bark before you decide. Pull it, toss it around a bit, then add some sauce if you still feel the need. JMO. ;)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    I see you plan to use mesquite to smoke with and that is fine. I use hickory and love it but, I have never tried or heard of others using mesquite to smoke with. If you like mesquite to smoke with by all means go ahead but, if your not sure start another post and take a poll. Asking what smoke wood do folks use for Boston butts. Anyway enjoy your cook. ;) Tim