Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

injecting butt

glenn
glenn Posts: 151
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought me some butt tonight
thought mabr I would try somthing differnt
I usualy just slather my butt up with mustard and pat it down good with some rub
But I thought maybe I would try injectin this one with somethin
but since I havent ever tried such a thing I dont know what would be good
could any one give me some injector insite
thanks
glenn
by the way I intend to put the butt on humpty about 10;00 tonight

Comments

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Glenn,[p]I've injected with Wishbone Italian dressing, but it's been a pain cause the needle gets clogged. The end results have always been fantastic so the effort is worth it.[p]Lawn Ranger injects with some cajun garlic stuff and swears by it, so I'm gonna try that next time.[p]Cheers,[p]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Glenn, a little late and a dollar short, butt for future thinking...I've been injecting my butts lately with a 50/50 mix of apple juice and water or a 50/50 mix of Dale's Sauce and water. Both have turned out some great butts. I season the outside as usual.

• Babyray
    Babyray Posts: 250
    Glenn, I have been wondering when injecting the butt, about how many times to insert the needle? how deep? and how much of your solution per injection? I will be using a cajun injector with creole butter.[p]Thanks to anyone that may help.[p]Ray Price