Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beer Can Chicken.

Options
Dutch
Dutch Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have read many methods on how to prepare and smoke the beer can chicken. However I have never seen a mention of preheating the mixture of beer and spices before putting the chicken on the beer can setter.
If this is not done, how can we have any steam effect the first hour of BBQing? I am thinking of boiling my mixture before. Has any one done this before? Dutch.

Comments

• PapaQ
    PapaQ Posts: 170
    Options
    Dutch.,[p]To answer your question first - I haven't heated the mixture before putting the chicken on the grill, figuring that it would come to a boil pretty quickly over the coals. Your idea makes sense, though. If boiled ahead of time, the flavor of the mixture would be blended and more intense right off the bat. Let us know how it works.[p]Now - It was really fun spending time with you and Mrs. Dutch at the fest. I was looking for you Saturday afternoon, but heard that you had to leave early. I hope everything turned out ok.[p]We missed you guys at the afterparty, but your lighted hat came in very handy in the darkness of the parking lot. Mad Max fell in love with it and posted an urgent plea to you (way down on this page) as sooon as he got home. As he said while beaming the light into an egg to check his food, "I NEED one of these." Send him an email. I love mine.[p]Paul