Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

tomato pie

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I forgot who made this, but it was incredible. Please respond with your recipe for this mah-ve-lous creation. You also had the biscuits with the hot pepper jelly. Man am I hungry!!! What a wonderful saturday it twas!!

Comments

• Tractor
    Tractor Posts: 288
    Yeah. Please post. I heard people raving about it later in the day and somehow I missed getting to try it! THANKS!
  • Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    slicktop,[p]There's one in the recipe section (which I haven't tried) and then this one I copied from the archives. I apologize for not having copied who osted it.[p]Tomato Pie[p]1 9-inch deep dish frozen pie shell
    3 medium, ripe tomatoes, sliced (I agree, heirlooms are best)
    6 strips bacon, fried and crumbled
    1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
    1 cup mayonnaise
    ½ teaspoon salt
    ½ teaspoon pepper[p]
    Bake frozen pie shell following package directions. Preheat egg to 350 degrees. Sprinkle tomato slices lightly with salt and place in a colander for one hour to drain. Place tomatoes in bottom of pie shell; top with crumbled bacon. Combine cheese, salt, pepper and mayonnaise; pour over tomatoes. Bake 35 to 40 minutes on a raised grid using a Ceramic Deep Baking Dish.

• slicktop,[p]That was Bryan and Mia Love. Every year I've been to Eggtoberfest they outdo themselves with their baked goods on an Egg. [p]Bill
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Pakak, I make mine pretty much the same way but add fresh basil & use Gruyere instead of cheddar. JCA