Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Filet, Squash, Potatoes and COTC

Options
Fornia
Fornia Posts: 451
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just bought the Firewire, so had some crazy idea to butterfly/skewer some squash....different look I guess.

Husk-on COTC and foiled some potatoes a bit before the filet and squash. All was great!

We've got some wonderful sweet corn coming out of Fleetwood, PA. A local mennonite farmer has been putting out the best corn in our area for years. This year has exceeded high expectations. Crazy to me considering the lack of rain/high heat. Also grabbed some hot peppers from him which I did 'refig pickled peppers' with earlier today (with some help from the people on this forum). Pictures of the peppers on an earlier post.

IMG_1391.jpg
IMG_1394.jpg
IMG_1402.jpg

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Very nice!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    I love the way you did the squash. Never seen it dine like that and will have to try it. Still go got squash plants but with the temps the last starting 3 weeks 95-104 the blooms want set and just fall off.
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    Thanks! I'm very pleased with the inital use of the Firewire. Although squash is likely 'easier' than other foods, it was also very easy to clean up the wire afterwards.

I also tried to make a handle out of the wire, which did make the flip real easy.