Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone going to Pennsic?

Options
FearlessGrill
FearlessGrill Posts: 695
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone out there going to be attending Pennsic (a large medieval historical re-enactment event for those who haven't heard of it)? My large Egg will be there as always, making dinner for lots of folks. If anyone is going, let me know. Could be nice to have a little Egg get-together one evening.

-John

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    The guy that puts thing on must be an EGGhead. There are 13 pages of detailed Q&A covering everything from where it is (that is why I Googled the site and went there in the first place to find out wth it was and where it was) to details about making your bed in the morning so the dew doesn't moisten your sheets. It's almost like a manifesto for any public large event camping.

After reading it, it looks like it could be a ton of fun if you're willing to just let go of all your modern ties and get into it.
  • FearlessGrill
    Options
    You would be amazed by how many stupid people there are in the world that show up to a 2 week camping event completely unprepared. The detailed Q&A is there because when someone requires babysitting, medical attention, etc., it ruins several other peoples' vacations to help them.

That said, it's a load of fun. Fight and such all day. Make loads of Egged food in the evenings, drink lots of beer, and burn stuff. Good way to spend a week. Been doing it for years.

-John