Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Camping and Egging

Options
Rooster K
Rooster K Posts: 416
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last weekend we attended a rally for T@B Camper owners. I took the Small egg along to cook for the Saturday night pot luck. Cooked up some ABTs but I was so busy showing the other camper the Egg that I didn't take any pics of the food. :P Everyone loved the ABTs and they even started making requests for the next rally.

This was a fun event. It was a lot like an eggfest.

Egg loaded up

DSCN2358.jpg

Our camp

DSCN2346.jpg

Some pics of the other campers

DSCN2356.jpg
DSCN2355.jpg
DSCN2353.jpg
DSCN2354.jpg
DSCN2348.jpg

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Those are pretty nifty little campers. Got any photos of the inside?
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Nice....Any homemade teardrops? Been toying with the idea of a project like that.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Nice campers.Julie will have a FIT over those pics! :)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Nice campers :)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Rooster K
    Options
    Here is a video tour!
    th_campervideo.jpg

The Dinette turns into a queen sized bed. Stove fridge and sink. It has made camping a lot of fun.
  • Rooster K
    Options
    No handmade teardrops there. The other owners had done lots of modifications and customizations. I would love build my own but no time.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Seth, I grew up summer traveling in a Cortez motor home. We went to Cortez rallies. I got the bug long ago.
    For years I wanted a scamp until these little cutties came out. Thanks for the post!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    VERY COOL CAMPERS!!!
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Cool campers.
    The small egg looks like the perfect cooker to go with your T@B setup. :cheer:
  • Rooster K
    Options
    Molly,

Unfortunatly they stopped making them last August. They got too expensive to make. RV's don't sell well when the economy goes bad. :(
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I dissagree in these neck of the hills. So many rv joints here. The ones on the hiways, travling through, here remind me of the first bluebird motorhomes, but BIGGER. See alot with matching tow alongs. Back in the 90's there was a bluebird show here and they were a mill then.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Rooster K
    Options
    Yea there are a lot of those big RVs out there.

All I realy know is I am glad I am not paying for the gas in one of those 30+ footers!
  • Rooster K
    Options
    The small works well. Although they all thought I was nuts for dragging a 65 lb grill along!
  • cookn biker
    Options
    No kidding. My brother just bought one that is probably as big as my house. 2 pop outs.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Ala-Egg
    Ala-Egg Posts: 162
    Options
    I bet they didn't think you were nuts after some food off of that 65lb grill!