Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Welcome Newcomers/Unsolicited Advice

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wanted to welcome all of the new eggers that have joined us lately. Seems like several new family members since Christmas. It just keeps getting better and better.[p]Anyway, a couple quick observations, and things I learned here, that I would like to put in writing. General stuff that might help as you new folks learn the art. [p]1) Most everything cooked on the egg benefits from leaving the lid closed as much as possible. Patience is important to keep from peeking too much. Sit back, watch your dome temp, and let the egg do its magic. The more you open the lid, the more moisture that is lost, and the fire gets hotter each time as air rushes in.[p]2) If you must open the egg often at the end of a cook, like when you brush on finishing sauce, close the bottom vent while you have the top open. And brush on sauce and close lid quickly.[p]3) Go for it!! There are many, many foods that are better on the egg than any other way. Try something different for every meal, and you will learn quickly to adapt your egg to all temps/cooking procedures needed. Highly recommened are Pulled Pork Butt, Brisket, Ribs, Pizza, Steak, Pork Chops, Chicken and Salmon. They are my personal favorites, and once you cook most of those, you can cook anything.[p]Hope to see you at Eggfest 2000.
Nature Boy[p]

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments