Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Cookbook Recipes

Options
sharhamm
sharhamm Posts: 258
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DH gave me the new cookbook as an anniversary gift. Beautiful pictures and lots of recipes.
He cooked corn last night and the recipe called for it to be wrapped in foil and cooked for 45min at 425. I thought that was way too long but he cooked it anyway. We both thought it was cooked too long.
It was the first recipe but there are many more to try.
What are your favorites?
Are there any more corrections that anyone has found so I can note them in my cookbook?
Thanks.

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Some of the indirect recipes call for placing the pan, pot or casserole dish directly on the platesetter or pizza stone...don't do that as that will usually burn the bottom of what ever you are cooking. Put a spacer in between for airflow...also the sausage & mushroom quiche is delicious but makes enough for two quiches...
  • sharhamm
    sharhamm Posts: 258
    Options
    Will have to try that quiche in a couple of weeks. Just had one this past week and that is something that we don't eat often. When it's really hot it makes a nice dinner along with a salad. Thanks for the heads up! :)
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    I wish I had my copy handy, but I am in Ohio and the book is in Florida. I know there is more than one recipe contains errors. I think the spatchcock chicken is one of those. As I recall, it is way more complicated than it needs to be.
    My advice would be to try and cross reference any recipe on this forum or other sources with what you find in the book.
    You only need to boil one ear of corn for 6-8 minutes to know 425 for 45 min is way to long.
    BTW, I roast corn in the husk at 350 or so for about 30 min on a raised grid. I think most folks on here will tell you something similar :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa,FL