Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for good recipe with marinade

Options
Daddyo
Daddyo Posts: 224
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just got a marinading appliance and was wondering if anyone had a favorite recipe calling for a marinade that I might try. I'd prefer a recipe that calls for an overnight marinade so I can test out my new toy. If the thing works, and it sure looks heavy duty (vacuum sealed tumbling canister, etc.) I should be able to complete an "overnight" marinade while my egg warms up.

Comments

• bigmikej
    Options
    Daddyo,
    While it is not home-made, I have been using Stubb's Pork Marinade for boneless pork loin chops and then rubbing w/ Dizzydust before grilling. Turn out great everytime!

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    Daddyo,
    Ken Stone sent me this, and it's a winner. Since I can't leave well enough alone...I add several cloves of garlic, a dash of sesame oil, and a generous spoonful or two of Asian hot pepper (sambal oelek). But that's just me. I have used it in my FoodSaver marinade container on pork tenderloins and on chicken thighs. Both outstanding. [p]Laura deVilliers' Ginger Lime Dressing[p]6 celery sticks, chopped
    1 cup soy sauce
    1 1/2 cup light oil
    4 Tablespoons lime juice
    4 Tablespoons catsup
    3 Tablespoons sugar
    4+ ounces ginger, grated
    dash salt[p]
    Combine all ingredients in blender and liquefy. Drizzle over green salad.
    Also makes an excellent marinade.