Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last of the Striper, Pan Fried ala BGE

Options
Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Quick little post about the last of the one fillet.

Some home made breadcrumbs (we pulse stale bread in the food processor instead of throwing it out) were jacked up with a little cumin, sweet curry, salt, pepper, and paprika. upped the crunch potential with a little coarse corn meal. brushed the steaks with a little olive oil and then dredged in the bread crumbs (did that twice each side).

Fired up the BGE to 400-500 ish, dome open. Some peanut oil into a hot cast iron pan for a few minutes a side

frying.jpg

and finished, resting
fried.jpg

quickly grilled some romaine and summer squash
grilledromaine.jpg

and then plated up with some roasted potatoes.

plated-1.jpg

made a quick garlicky aioli with a little added basil chiffonade, and nailed it with some parsley

mmm mmm good.

as a funny side note, the dude i went fishing with stopped by while i was at the grill. the dome was shut to roast them a bit while they were on the second side, frying. he had come by to pick up his fillet (damn), and had told me he was going to foil it on the grill with some peppers and onions. he asked "what's cooking" and i opened the lid to take them out, putting on the veggies.

i always like when someone stops by and asks "what's cooking?" even better that he was going to be going away now having seen them like that and settling for foiled fish. every time i go fishing with someone their suggestion for cooking the fish is to foil it with peppers and onions. what gives?

Comments