Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fredericksburg - Stonewall, Texas

Options
LoneStarEgg
LoneStarEgg Posts: 287
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Peaches are in season. Picked some up last weekend during a visit with my Mom & Step Dad. I scored a wonderful cobbler courtesy of my lovely wife.

Ready for the oven...
DSCN0374.jpg

Baked and ready to eat...
DSCN0375.jpg

DSCN0376.jpg

Thanks for looking. Here is the recipe if you want it.

Peach Cobbler

Recipe courtesy Paula Deen

Prep Time: 15 min
Inactive Prep Time:
Cook Time: 45 min
Level: Easy
Serves: 8 to 10 servings

Ingredients

* 4 cups peeled, sliced peaches
* 2 cups sugar, divided
* 1/2 cup water
* 8 tablespoons butter
* 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* Ground cinnamon, optional

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.

Put the butter in a 3-quart baking dish and place in oven to melt.

Mix remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk slowly to prevent clumping. Pour mixture over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup. Sprinkle top with ground cinnamon, if using. Batter will rise to top during baking. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.

To serve, scoop onto a plate and serve with your choice of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

Comments

• pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    looking good. Great job. I love fresh peaches.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Mike, That peach cobbler is what I've been thinking about all day. I picked some up after work with the same idea on my brain all day. Much to hot right now to do anything but lift a cold one. Yours looks superb!! Enjoy!!

001-3.jpg
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    We too picked up a box of locally grown peaches this afternoon. Told the fiance I would make him a cobbler this weekend. As Molly said, too darn hot out now, 114 when we got home.
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Yeah!!

That's just what I was expecting from the Instuctor/ Egg Guru at this year's Niagra Fest!!

Go ahead, roll over Molly...I'll take care of it from here!

BTW...can I get you anything while I'm at the bar?

:whistle::whistle:

;););)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Chubby
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Good to be in the peach capital of Texas this time of year...nice cobbler.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • cookn biker
    Options
    A REALLY cold one!! :laugh: :)
    Are you and your better half NiEGGara bound?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Show us your peaches Barry :laugh: :laugh: :lol::whistle:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    I would LOVE to!!!

I haven't gotton to do hardly anything this whole year!!

Is there one of those smileys for pouting?

LOL!!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Haven't been up the road yet, but they should be having a really good peach crop this year. Cobbler looks fantastic, My Friend.

Mike
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    :woohoo: LMAO
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Mike, that cobbler looks great. I'll be trying it with my East Texas peaches this weekend. Oh, thanks again for the peach wood.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    That looks great! Can smell the peaches from hear. Really depressed this year as my old 18 year old tree had probably its last crop. Heart is dead and only about a 2 inch strip of bark is keeping it alive. Really good looking cobbler! :woohoo:
  • CVDSmokeShack
    Options
    Nice job... great looking cook! Thanks for posting.