Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cris Cross Apple Sauce

Bacchus
Bacchus Posts: 6,019
edited November -1 in Off Topic
So my 6 year old daughter and I are walking back from the community pool this afternoon, and as we approach the house a 1978 White Dodge Van with clowns painted on the side and a hideous noise similar to music slows down so we could get a look.
Having a couple of GW's folded in my pocket, I gave in when she said "Daddy, can I have an Ice Cream".
Once inside, she seated herself on a barstool and proceeded to make short work of the "fudge bar". When done, I grabbed her wet towel and proceeded to wipe chocolate from her face, hands, and the back inside of her lower leg. When I asked how she got it on her leg, she said she was sitting "cris cross apple sauce", and proceeded to demonstrate.
When I told her that when I was a kid we called it "Indian Style", she looked at me like I was a crazy old man. Perhaps I am.
Thanks for reading my worthless drivel. :)

Comments

• pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    That is what is was called when I was young, guess we are showing our age now. :laugh: :laugh:
    Great story.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • i have a van with clowns painted on the side and i give out ice cream too. but mine's free.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    I knew it as Indian style also. Never really gave thought to when it transitioned. I worked for Head Start in the early 90's, that's when I used the phrase crisscross, apple sauce. Miss my not so wee lad at that age. Pay attention Bacchus!! ;):)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE