Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork Eggrolls and Stuffed Fritos

Florida Grillin Girl
Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,982
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had alot of leftover pulled pork so I decided to make some eggrolls and stuffed fritos.

I used wonton wrappers, placed the pork and some cabbage and a little BBQ sauce inside and rolled em up.

P7123140.jpg

Fried them in some oil on the mini til crispy:

P7123157.jpg

P7123158.jpg

They were yummy, dipped them in some Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce.

I also made some stuffed fritos, using the pulled pork and some with home smoked ham.

A friend of mine bought a 13 lb. boiled ham from GFS and said it had no taste whatsoever. I told him I would egg it up and give it some taste!

I didn't realize that ham was square in shape! I cut it into 5 pieces and put some cajun seasoning on it and smoked it with apple wood for 5 hours.

Here it is and it's still ugly looking:

P7103139.jpg

But now at least it tastes better. We filled some frito scoops with it, added a mango pineapple pepper sauce and some cheese. The others were filled with pulled pork, BBQ sauce and cheese. I sprinkled some Dizzy Pig on top.

This is kinda alot for just 2 people:

P7123142.jpg

On the mini they go:

P7123146.jpg

P7123147.jpg

I grilled some veggies and some romaine for a salad, so yes, there was one healthy item on the menu!

Faith
Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini

Comments