Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got peppers???????

MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSCN0602.JPG
<p />I have peppers comin out of my ears here folks. This is the 3rd bowl in 2 weeks. I could really use some suggestions not only from a recipe side but storage as well. I vacuum sealed 4 bags of hobaneros yesterday and froze them. Good idea or bad?[p]Thanks you guys and gals.[p]Need any peppers Larry?[p]Mick

Comments

• MickeyT,
    OK...come on now...those are plastic, right? Beautiful!! Here I am in sunny South Texas and I've got so much crummy soil and so much shade...I'm lucky if I can grow ferns. Man, I miss the days of my gardens.[p]Great job![p]Mike

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    MickeyT,
    Those look great Mick...Did you grow them at your lake house.
    Larry

• MickeyT,
    Smoke dry them on the Egg and grind them up. You can use this ground pepper as a base for rubs! That is what I do.[p]Another good idea would be to make a pickle pot:
    Large mouth container
    place peppers, sliced cucumbers, onions, califlower, and green tomatos. [p]Make a sweet brine with sugar, vinegar and salt. Bring brine to a boil and pour over veggies in your large mouth pickle pot and let them pickle for about 4 weeks. They are great to snack on as well as for use in sauces and stews. They will keep for a very long time.[p]Good luck,
    BBQ Bob