Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

With all due respect

2»

Comments

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Thanks, Wess. Our lives are so much richer having our egghead friends in it. Once an egger attends an eggfest and meets face-to-face it is a bond that cannot be broken....good and bad, like a normal family. I'm so glad we are a part of this family....love to you and Sally.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • bbqbeth
    bbqbeth Posts: 178
    well said Wess...
    Thank you!
    BBQBeth
  • EGGRPh
    EGGRPh Posts: 180
    Wess and the egghead family,

As a newbie I can tell you that I have had nothing but respect and admiration for all of you. You have lives outside of this forum. You get the info back at a reasonable time. Please do not let a few of the newbies paint a bad picture of all of us newbies. Mike will surely be missed. I told my wife that I wanted to meet him and now I won't get the chance, however, I want to meet a lot you eggheads in person and I will try to attend some of the cookoffs whenever and wherever possible. Thank you everyone.

Stef in Brunswick,Oh.
  • Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Very Well Stated Wess !!!

I learned of Mikes passing from Spring Chicken. I was suppose to be with Mike for the week of the 4th to hang out at his restaurant and show him how we cook a cajun jambalaya. It just brings me to tears as I sit here and type that 2 weeks ago we were laughing and giggling about the 20 racks of ribs people still post about. Mike and I often talked about Kaleigh ( his grand daughter ) and we always finished our conversation with the words from a great song by Stevie Wonder
    " Isn't She Precious - Isn't She Beautiful "
    God Bless You, Mike and Keleigh, May your journey walking hand in hand, riding little white ponies, and sharing the biggest of smiles NEVER END !!!
    I LOVE YOU GUYS !!!
  • Steeler Fan
    Steeler Fan Posts: 395
    Wess, well said. I guess that I am one of the ones that do not post as often as I used to. Mike helped me out so often on cooks. We would get on one another about his Chiefs and my Steelers. Great Guy, one time our schedules had a conflict. His response, no problem, I'll be seeing YB and I will have him deliver your stuff.
  • ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Amen brother! I can see adult beverages in the future for us! Hopefully sooner than later!
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Isn't the family all that matters???? Great to be here with you guys & girls united by a common motive even if it isn't a happy one ;)
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Very well said, Wess. I hate the circumstances which brought this out, but I'm also moved to see that the BGE family is still so strong.

I've missed you guys the last couple years. I'm going to target coming out of retirement at a Fest sometime soon...

Heeeee,
    Cornfed
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Cornfed!

Coming out of retirement would be awesome.... and bring the Bros. Cornfed with you.

Heeeee,
    john
  • Kokeman
    Kokeman Posts: 822
    Even thoe I have not met most people on the forum, I do think of us as family. (A little dysfunctional at time. :) ) Thank you brother.
  • Cornfed
    Definitely! It's been way too long since we've caught up. I have many updates, and could use some good conversation over a PBR and some ribs!
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Great post, Wess. Good to see some of the old names back, despite the terrible circumstances. Mike would be happy. The Egg and this forum give us ways to enjoy the life we work so hard to have, we need to remember that.
    And my ribs came out extra good tonight, thanks, CWM. Miss ya'....
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    I challenge both of you to come down to EGGtoberfest. It is shaping up to be an iconic EGGsperience.
  • Cornfed
    Hey, Bobby! I would love to do that. After all these years (12? 13?) I still haven't been to Atlanta for Eggtoberfest. Would be a great way to come out of virtual retirement!
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    I'm another new guy as well. I love the board and think it's very diverse and has a plethora of information, which is fantastic. I also think the "new" folks can have alot to offer and alot to gain by the knowledge on here. I would take a bit of offense if every post I made, be it showing pics of cooks or asking for help (which most of us have done before) wasn't answered. That isn't a way to treat new people IMO. Thankfully I haven't experienced any of that. It would be a shame if treating new folks poorly would ensure that they aren't the ones with 5000 posts plus in the next few years. I've got a ways to go.....LOL.

It is refreshing to see how a bunch of people from all over the World come together for one of their own. Enjoy what you have and never take it for granted. Things can change quickly in life.