Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

passing of carwashmike

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
To those who know carwash Mike, he passed this week. I will post funerral arangemets later.

Comments

• tcracing
    tcracing Posts: 378
    I didn't know him, but alot of people speak very highly of him. I'm sorry to hear of his passing. Please let his family know that alot of eggers will say a prayer for him and his family.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Could you please identify yourself. may of us call Mike a friend and this is kind of a bomb shell to drop and run???
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    I certainly hope this not some kind of sick joke...
  • Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    That is terrible news! I have known him from the early days of the forum. His family will be in my prayers.
  • My name is Chip Woodman a good friend of Mikes. He thought of the forum as family and I thought you would want to know.
  • I hope this is not true!
  • WessB
    I apologize for reacting the way I did..but as you can imagine..that is quite a shock coming out of the blue, and from an anonomous poster..
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    thank you Chip for responding. I am speechless.. I am sure many will feel the same when they find this out.... Mike helped many on here and was a friend to many, many more.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Thanks for letting us know Chip.Many of us considered him as family also : R.I.P brotha Mike :(

DSC_0002.jpg
  • Gosh I had the privilege of meeting Mike on several occasions and was impressed with his talent for cooking. He will be missed immensely at all the eggfests around the country. Bucky Buckshot
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    thanks for posting that one if i hadn't already gotten a copy from you i would have just stolen that one

gonna miss mike :(

DSC_0021.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Though I never met him, I read many of his posts on this forum for years. Definitely one of the "good guys" - I'm so sorry to hear this news. Prayers up for his family - God rest his soul.
  • May God Bless Mike and look after his family!!
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Oh, This is terrible news. Any details on how or what caused his passing?
    My prayers are with his family.
    Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • op2k
    op2k Posts: 62
    Jesus.... I'm at a loss for words. I always looked to CWM as a BBQ sage, even when I was just a lurker here :(
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    I just called that number and while Chip didn't answer I left a call back number. Surely some one here has Mike's cell - have you called it?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Brokersmoker
    Brokersmoker Posts: 646
    I never met Mike, but I did read many of his posts. It was easy to tell that he was a very caring person. May God bless his family and may he rest in peace.
  • cookn biker
    Ron, I just emailed Kari, DOW, and let her know. She has his #. Also, perhaps Nancy's, his mom
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    I am sadden by the news of Mike. I have always wanted to meet him and shake his hand, he helped me out many times on the forum and I'm thankful for that. He will be missed.
  • there is a name "chip" associated with this number.
    on an old KC craiglist ad.

i'm hoping this is a very bad joke.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Sorry to hear this. Forum shows he is logged on. Hope this is not for real. Prayers to the family if true.
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Morning All:

I just noticed too that the forum shows him as being logged on within the past hour. I just tried calling him and got a message that the mailbox was full. I hope this is a mistake, but somehow don't think it is.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    That's terrible news. I feel fortunate to have met him at my first fest and afterparty. a very sad day

His name will live on forever.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    I just talked to Chip, and very very sadly, this is true. I'm devastated, as many of you are! Mike was one of my best buddies and I'll miss him greatly. I just talked to him last week and everything seemed fine. Rest in peace, my dear friend........
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Several have talked to Chip,, sadly it appears to be true
  • cookn biker
    and CWM is signed in
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    I just hung up the phone from Chip...a friend of Carwash Mike and his family for a very long time. Though Chip was kind enough to post his phone #, please refrain from calling. He is quite torn up at this time, and I think we should all respect his privacy in this terrible time.
    Carwash Mike was found deceased in his home today. A very sad day for all of us to say the least. He has been a well known forum member with tons of great input over the years...and is famous for his CWM Rib Method.
    We will keep everyone informed of funeral arrangements as soon as we can. A very sad day for the Egg Nation to say the least.
    Carwash Mike....May you rest in peace. You will be missed our friend.
  • WessB
    Thanks for the details..RIP Mike..God Bless..
  • WoW! I just jumped back online after checking on dinner on the small BGE & read this. I always read Mike's post's since 2000 as I owned a Car Wash as well. I am flabergasted. Does anyone know what he passed from and when this week? Let's all pray for his family.
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Godspeed, CWM, godspeed.

Wow. Tremendous loss for everyone.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This