Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerky Question

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Jerky has been going for 3 hours now. Temp holding at 200. Cherry smoke went strong for an hour. Looking good!! Managed to fire up humpty junior and did boneless skinless breasts for lunch. Slathered in mustard, and coated with Poultry Magic last night. Cooked at 400 for 5 minutes a side. Very nice crust and sear. Moist inside. JJ's rub is better than that Prudhomes Poultry Magic, but it was pretty good.[p]Ooops. Got sidetracked. What do I do with the jerky when it is done??
Eat some and let it cool on a plate?? Best way to store??[p]Thanks much.
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Eat the jerky! I saved mine in plastic tupper ware bowls sealed up but a plastic bag should be ok.[p]I added an expanded metal grate to my small guy and it roares up to 300-400 deg in 10-14 min now (lighting from under the grate). WOW - fast! I can't get temps above about 600 deg but the fire is so close that you get a good sear at 500 deg - it just takes an extra matter of seconds to get it.[p]
    Tim

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    Nature Boy aks "What do I do with the jerky when it is done??"[p]Vacum seal it and mail it to me! :)