Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy woosday!!

Options
2»

Comments

• bitslammer
    bitslammer Posts: 818
    Options
    Gator Bait wrote:

I don't think we're in Cincinnati any more Toto!

Great photos Chris, where were you?

I am soooo happy we don't have Rhino's around here, he looks bigger and faster then my Honda Civic! :blink:

Gator

This was at "The Wilds" www.thewilds.org which is outside of Zanesville, OH. That's about 3.5 hr drive ENE of Cincinnati. We do this every couple years. Now they actually have Yurts you can stay in. We're all over that this fall when things cool down and the criters get more active.

It's a fantastic place. If you want to see more here's my Flickr photo set for this trip. Didn't get to see the Bison and the Takins this time around. They were smart and were in the ponds staying cool or in the trees.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norrisc/sets/72157624342071942/

As for the Rhino...your Civic would be toast. The one in this picture got mad at the Ford F-150 that was trying to corale it into winter quaters. Spun it around 360 degrees and left quite a mark. This bus ain't going nowhere for a minute.

4727853091_42e310973b_b_d.jpg
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Chris, Those are a pretty awesome set fo pics!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • bitslammer
    Options
    cookn biker wrote:
    Chris, Those are a pretty awesome set fo pics!

Thanks. This place is a real haven for pictures. You really can't lose.

Scimitar Horned Oryx
    4728526032_de7f32fe3f_b_d.jpg

A Giraffe..I forget if it's a Reticulated, Messai or Rothchilds. They have all 3 there.
    4727859661_8ef3a6522d_b_d.jpg

Catfish. Channel Cats according to our driver. They actualy turn black because of being close to the surface and being exposed to the sun in teh shallow water. They do that because of the people feeding them. These monsters could swallow you arm up teh elbow.
    4728502186_36d122ba1c_b_d.jpg
    4728502186_36d122ba1c_b_d.jpg

Masai Zebra - A little blurry as the bus hit a bump while I was taking this. Maybe my favorite animal there.
    4727871119_9a36fc1678_b_d.jpg
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Here are a few from my recent trip to Las Vegas - we took the "Pink Jeep" tour to the Grand Canyon - Tuweep (which is a remote area, supposed to be one of the least visited). The last 6 or so miles were rockin' and rollin' and I had bruises to prove it. The views were stunning - I'd go back again in a heartbeat! :laugh:

IMG_2970.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

IMG_2945.jpg
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Awesome photos Chris, that place looks fascinating! Thanks for sharing.

Gator

• bitslammer
    Options
    Nice. we dod a Pink Jeep tour in LV but only of the local desert. Didn't make it to Grand Canyon.
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Love the photos elzbth, I have seen the Canyon once and would love to get back with more time. I was awestruck when I first saw it. I now think I have a better concept of what the word "grand" really means. I could spend at least a week just sitting on the rim looking. :blink:

Gator

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Wonderful veiws!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE