Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New XL BGE

Options
Phrettbender
Phrettbender Posts: 78
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Put the new XL to use and since the dealer didn't have the plate setter on hand I had to improvise a bit. I'm used to cooking on a pellet grill and Weber gas and kettles, but this is a whole new experience. It was much easier than I had anticipated to get the temp stabilized and the food, garlic pepper chicken breasts, cooking. They ended up done to perfection, moist and flavorful. I added some Dale Sauce to the pan and some pecan chips to the fire.

HPIM2067.jpg

HPIM2071.jpg

HPIM2074.jpg

Comments

• DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Options
    What is the foil you have on the coals? I am assuming that this is what you placed your Pecan in, I have never don it that way and was just wondering.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the BGE!
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    Options
    Nice EGG!! Sweet. I'm guessing the foil was the pecan. I just put the wood in with the lump. Smoke away baby.
  • Phrettbender
    Options
    I soaked some chips and put them on the lump, and then put some dry in the foil with a small pencil sized hole. The chips right in the coals did the best. Just "eggsperimenting"
  • Phrettbender
    Options
    I soaked some chips and put them on the lump, and then put some dry in the foil with a small pencil sized hole. The chips right in the coals did the best. Just "eggsperimenting"
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Way to improv!! Welcome and great handle!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE