Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

boneless duck breast ideas???

OttawaEggOttawaEgg Posts: 283
edited 6:33PM in EggHead Forum
I have a boneless, skin on duck breast that's just dying (well, its already dead) to be eaten.

Pre-egg, what I'd do is pan sear it fat side down for a few mins, then flip it and finish it in the oven till its just med-rare - serve it up with a peppercorn sauce n veggies.

SOOOooooo...... looking for egging ideas !

:side:

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Tim,

I like to score the skin, making sure not to cut the meat, and do them just like you said. Substitute egg for oven,

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Sounds like you have a good plan to me.

Couple things I have done but skinless

Partially cook bacon so the duck can be med rare and wrap with pineapple
    IMG_0476800x600.jpg

IMG_0480800x600.jpg

Wrap with partially cooked bacon and grill (no pineapple)
    IMG_0483800x600.jpg

Serve with a plum sauce
    IMG_0484800x600.jpg
  • Score the skin and sear it an a CI pan til brown, flip it over and continue cooking til medium rare.

This was marinated in a spicy orange marinade. I cook it to 135 degrees internal.

P2142282-1.jpg

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 2 Smalls, 1 well-used Mini
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,523
    You pretty much have the idea. Ironically I just put together a duck breast recipe that is in our online newsletter going out this weekend. It's one of my favorite cooks.

Sear good and hard skin down....watch REAL carefully for flareups from the fat which can scorch it in no time. Have fun!!

DuckOnSkinUp.jpg

DuckSliced.jpg

Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    78ac49eb.jpg

2009holidays021.jpg

coldout042.jpg
  • WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Dude, that duck breast you cooked in Salisbury was one of the best things I've eaten all year.... don't change a thing with your technique!

john