Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can I build the BGE into and outdoor island

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am in the process of building and 'outdoor kitchen' and I would love to build the BGE as well. THe island will be granite counter top and cinderblock construction faced with beadboard. I plan to have a steel door for venting the lower part of the Egg that would normally (when not in use) be closed.[p]Has any done anything like this? and can I do it?[p]Thanks,

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Marjorie,
    you need to got to www.wessb.com and see his pictures of his 'tiki' bar setup with 3 eggs in it. . .pretty awesome. .[p]also, go to naked whiz's site (www.nakedwhiz.com) and look at the table section. .i think spring chicken has a real nice built in as well. . [p]i know there are others as well. .

• Smoked Signals
    Options
    Marjorie,
    This work of art is not mine ... but it sure is purty.

[ul][li]Check out this one [/ul]
  • eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    Options
    Marjorie,[p]i got a question about the granite, did you already have someone lined up to cut it? and what size of island where you thinking?[p]Scott

• Marjorie,[p]I have one built into an outdoor kitchen.
    I left about 1/2" space beetwen the grill and the marble top. It has worked great for about 6 month now. I do not have a door, I left a square hole (10" X 20" in the front were the bottom vent is on the unit. The area were the unit sits is also lined with tile, and it looks great with out a door, all you see is 1/3 of the unit on top of the marble & 1/3 at the bottom.[p]Good luck with your project, we have enjoyed our outdoor kitchen since we built it.
    P

• Ranny
    Ranny Posts: 18
    Options
    Marjorie,
    I recently bought a piece of Pennsylvania Blue Stone slate that I was going to use for my table. But, it cracked the first week I used it, even before I put it and my egg into the table. The guy from Luck Stone said I should have used 1 1/2 thick slate to avoid cracks due to heat.