Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

T-Rex'd Filet wins 1st Place in Competition!

Options
Smoked Signals
Smoked Signals Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Gotta give a big shout out to T-Rex and that wonderful steak cooking method![p]I made surf and turf at the Madison Ribberfest and won 1st place in the Anything But category. [p]I T-Rex'd 2 filets and cooked the shrimp 2 different ways to wow the judges. I sauteed 1/2 the shrimp in butter & parsley and boiled the other half. My score was 1 point from a perfect 180!! Taste and tenderness scored perfect across the board! [p]To celebrate the big win, I T-Rex'd some big ol' ribeyes (1-3/4") on Sunday. Perfection again. Crusty outside and tender inside.[p]Thanks T-Rex!

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Smoked Signals,[p]Wow, what great news! Congratulations! Didn't know you could cook steak in competitions . . . :-)[p]I think I'll cook a thick strip tonight to help celebrate your victory.[p]TRex
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Smoked Signals,
    Been way behind and not able to read many posts, but I saw this and wanted to throw out a huge congrats! The teams usualy turn in some seriously good food for that category, and first place is quite an accomplishment![p]How'd you do in the other categories? Have a good time?
    Hooked?
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Smoked Signals
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Finished 23/47 overall in the cat's that mattered. My wifes dessert finished 10th. Pretty consistent ... no huge swings in product. Room for improvement in all 4. Really really tired. I did not sleep over the 2 days. I should have relied on my teammates more and made some decisions that I'm second guessing now.[p]I've been hooked since I took 1st place in 2 categories at an amatuer event last year.[p]I don't think I will be competing this w/e although I have another contest in my back yard...too much work. I think I may have my local dealer hooked as a sponsor though...he was talking about cutting me a serious deal on a large egg. [p]Next time I am going to have just one person hanging around to answer all the questions. I am also going to have one egg cooking something that doesn't matter. I don't know how many times I opened my eggs to show people how they cook. Geeezzz.[p]Thanks for the congrats ... Its always nice to come home with a check. :)