Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL weight (individual pieces)

ChokeOnSmoke
ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I couldn't find this info anywhere on the web so I emailed "egg support" and they sent me these numbers.

What a beast the XL is! :woohoo: :

Base Weight = 125lb
Lid Weight = 56lb
Fire Box Weight = 37lb
Fire Ring Weight = 22lb
Fire Grate Weight = 15lb

The website says it's weight is 205 lbs. Not sure what combination of the above that includes, but loaded up, it's much heavier than that.
Packerland, Wisconsin

Comments

• BigGreenDon
    BigGreenDon Posts: 167
    Those are probably the "shipping weights" of the individual pieces, which would add up to more than a complete system.

Still, 50 lbs is a big discrepancy...

I know that when I brought mine home I had no help assembling it, and getting that base onto the nest by myself was a royal pain.

Don
  • That is a serious achievement. I'm impressed!
  • Thanks for the information. I am about to pull the trigger on an XL and was wondering how big each piece was. I am probably just going to assemble it in the table I am going to build.
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Fellow Traveler wrote:
    Thanks for the information. I am about to pull the trigger on an XL and was wondering how big each piece was. I am probably just going to assemble it in the table I am going to build.

Same here, probably going to score the XL in the next couple weeks and was trying to figure out how difficult (heavy) it was going to be to set up. I'm looking to skip the nest and mount it into some kind of brick (retaining wall type) structure. Researching ideas for that now...

p.s. Just noticed those numbers don't include the plate setter either, which I assume is a must for any kind of "low & slow".
    Packerland, Wisconsin