Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

REVEO VACUUM MACHINE

Options
EGGARY
EGGARY Posts: 1,222
edited November -1 in Off Topic
I finally received the REVEO MEAT VACUUM MACHINE. I am looking forward to using it today. I have no plans on using their Marinade MIxes. I plan on making my own. From what I have read, it doesn't take much in marinade to marinate, 1/3 cup per pound. That isn't much.

So to those who have the machine or a machine like it, what do I do to make a marinade, as per quantity ? Also, wouldn't the marinade at full strength be too strong ? I have no clue, but will proceed.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Gary

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Gary,

I think the idea is to reduce the time not weaken the marinade. You don't need as much marinade but I still make sure everything is well coated. Go about an hour for chicken and four for beef, more for really tough beef.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

The max time on my Reveo is 20min. I will sometimes cycle twice but usually 1 is sufficient.

GG
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

You really should post this question over on the main forum there are quite a few people that have Reveo and folks that have had the Reveo and moved on to what they feel is a better machine.

This topic came up in late '07 or early '08 if memory serves. The BGE store had some 'better' units. However the thread was pretty interesting. It would be nice to see how things have changed since the last post.

I somewhat follow the amounts of liquid that is stated in the samples that came with the Reveo. I have used all kinds of off the shelf marinades. All seem to work pretty well.

Nevertheless post the question over on the main forum the post should be interesting and some good ideas will come up.

GG
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Sorry guys I thought you were talking about cannister marinading

No Idea

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Grandpas Grub
    Options

These are a tumbler after putting a vacuum in the canister. Probably much like the seal-a-meal canisters but no tumbling. I have no idea if the tumbling does much more than sitting in the fridge though.

Kent