Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cooking stone size

Options
Blizzard58
Blizzard58 Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the best size cooking stone to use in an xl egg.

Comments

• boston_stoker
    Options
    My guess would be the XL BGE baking stone is the best to use. Any bigger, and a pizza will likely cook unevenly. I don't have an XL, so there may be other who do that have a different opinion. I defer to XL owners. That being said, if you are thinking of using a non-BGE baking stone, be forewarned that many have tried to do this with a wide array of other brands stones and broken there alternative stones within their first few cooks.
  • berrygood
    berrygood Posts: 372
    Options
    Sorry, I won't be of any specific help either, but go with BGE or ceramicgrillstore (if they make one for the XL). When you go win stones not made for the egg, you not only run the risk of breakage, but getting the wrong size which can cause air flow problems which can cause gasket problems - trust me on the last part!
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    I use the BGE XL Stone