Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Say goodbye to the Big 12.

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in Off Topic
NU to Big 10, South to Pac 10.
Mike

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Good riddance.

Let the Texas teams go the the Pac 14, the Big 10 can become the Big 12, and then we can get back to being the Big 8. I'm sure a MAC or CUSA school would be willing to join. Maybe pick up Cincinnati, Utah, or Boise State.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Memphis and Louisville come to mind to. TCU.

Mike
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    I am a huge fan of of the BIG 12 and right now I can't tell whether it is going survive the week.

A report today that Texas A&M turned down a Pac 10 invitation, can't figure out whether they are going SEC or trying to keep the BIG 12 together.

It looks like Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and Texas will act as a unit and either keep a shrunken BIG 12 going or jump to the Pac 10, all by whatever Texas decides. It looks like Texas trying to launch the Longhorn Sports TV network and keep a bunch of TV revenue for themselves rather than share it with the league is what upset Nebraska. If the BIG 12 survives it will have lost 2 great teams, which are not easily replaceable and I am afraid part of it is due to Texas' greed.

I think Nebraska to the Big Ten is a good fit for them, although I am really sorry to see them go.

Boise State just switched conferences last week, don't know if they will jump again immediately although there is no telling right now. I could see TCU being competitive in the BIG 12, although if Coach Patterson leaves they would likely sink fast. What the superconferences really want are big state schools with big alumni bases and fans. The smaller schools are getting left out.

I am not convinced that 2 or 3 superconferences are going to work out that well.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Very good points. I was born and bred in the Big 8, played a brief stint at Mizzou, and have watched Big 8/12 football my whole life.

If I had my druthers (which I clearly don't), I would like to see 4 major conferences of 16 or 20 teams each. Each conference has two divisions, each division winner plays for the conference championship, and the 4 conference champs meet in a football Final Four for the National Championship.

Easy.

Pac-10, Big 10, SEC, and ACC make the most sense to me. There could be a little shifting here and there, acquisitions and mergers from the mid-major conferences - and voila - there you have it.