Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Horseradish lettuce??

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was cutting herbs for the dish I am doing for dinner tonight and in my herb bed I have an assortment of lettuce. all normal things I thought. this one is peppery and has an after taste of horseradish! I love it and am going to use it on a roast beef sandwich for lunch tomorrow.
herbed.jpg
my herb garden
horseletuce.jpg
it is the lettuce with the dark red streaks running up the leaf. kind of in the center of this pic.
egghut.jpg
where the eggs live
poot.jpg
guardian of the eggs.... I want to name him "Poot" what do you think???
rose.jpg
this rose bush has taken over the fence and is growing up the swing!
roseswing.jpg
it is not blooming yet but it smells heavenly out there by it! sweet and old fashion rose scent.

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Sounds like an interesting plant, I love horseradish so that sounds good to me. Very nice place you have there, you get many bee's with that rose bush being so big????

Now, get a glass of wine and enjoy the sunshine and the sweet smell of the rose bush and don't forget to fire up the Egg for more aroma. :)

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Mainegg
    Options
    No bee's yet it is not open. But when it does you can almost hear them in the house! Mom and I each dug up shoots from the rose bush at my Nana's. Nana's and mom's is a wonderful deep pink and in clusters of 6-8 blooms. mine is a plain old flat 5 petal cream white. :blink: they look the same till they bloom :(
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

This doesn't sound OT to me. Nevertheless, nice looking herbs, I wish mine were that big.

Thanks for sharing.

GG
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Poot? :ohmy: I think it looks more like a 2Fategghead! :lol:

Thats how I feel sometimes after eating so much. :whistle:
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Those look a lot like Ramps! You been crawling around the mountains in West Virginia? :unsure:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Cool, Julie. What a nice garden.

I have no idea on your lettuce, if it were my house, it would be a weed! Let us know how it tastes on your sammie tomorrow.

That gargoyle looks a little familiar, but I can't put a name on it!

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Capt Frank
    Options
    Googled it, those are ramps. If you eat very many plan to stay home the next day :P :laugh: :lol:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • berrygood
    berrygood Posts: 372
    Options
    Beautiful herbs and backyard. Oh and don't eat the ramps
  • Mainegg
    Options
    nope not ramps. I have picked those before and they are definitely an onion shape and stem. this is def a lettuce growing out from a center low to soil level. just like a lettuce. no bulb under it and came packed in a vegi lettuce assortment 6 pack. mom and dad got it too.
  • Capt Frank
    Options
    Boy, they fooled me, your pics look just like the ramps on Google, but of course I could not see the bulbs [or no bulbs] on yours B)
    If you try some let us know how they taste :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Nice looking garden...now where is the hottub???? :laugh: :)B)