Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XXX Burger!

Options
FLbobecu
FLbobecu Posts: 309
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Not the best burger I have done - because I was searing @ 600* and was called to the kitchen for just a split second and was unable to get back to flip my burger. Nonetheless, excellent burgers.

These are freshly ground 80/20 ground chuck burgers. I used Weber Gourmet Burger seasoning (excellent, btw) and I tossed my choice of peppers on the grill a minute before I put my burger on.

I chose: 2x Habanero - 1x Serrano per burger.

Habanero's are ~55 times hotter than a Jalapeno and the Serrano ~8 times hotter.

Topped with some Habanero ketchup.

Cheese was 2x slices of Provolone.

These are not for the faint hearted. :evil: I used latex gloves for cutting the peppers as well as a fresh pair of gloves for eating the burger. :evil:

dscn0157rk.jpg

dscn0159f.jpg

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Wow.....hot!

You protect your hands from the heat of the peppers but then put them in your mouth? Interesting philosophy there. I bet you'll be dragging your butt across the carpet tomorrow :laugh:
  • FLbobecu
    Options
    Fidel wrote:
    Wow.....hot!

You protect your hands from the heat of the peppers but then put them in your mouth? Interesting philosophy there. I bet you'll be dragging your butt across the carpet tomorrow :laugh:

Sure, I use gloves so when I'm done eating, everything I touch doesn't burn. Like my eyes, my face, etc. :)

I eat these guys quite often. In fact I think I am ready to step up to the "ghost pepper" - ~125x hotter than a Jalapeno.

This isn't my first time eating these.. I enjoy wicked spicy stuff. ;)
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    Options
    Yes, another chilehead onboard! Bhut jolokia is the top level, what will they come up with next?
  • triehle98
    triehle98 Posts: 208
    Options
    jolokia is one helluva pepper but in moderation it has an incredible flavor. I especially like it on a pizza , sprinkle it on like black pepper and it is Awesome.
  • FLbobecu
    Options
    I'm anxious to try some..

Do you guys buy online or locally?
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    Options
    I wish that I had fresh locally, and I understand that they are not so easy to grow. Dried whole pods are available, as well as some good sauces. peppers.com. Melindas' has a nice one, dang I need a pepper...