Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Part 1 of tonight\'s dinner

Options
thebtls
thebtls Posts: 2,300
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is a very hearty salad that allows you to choose from a variety of options for the toast, including frozen Texas toast, Texas toast croutons or toasted white bread seasoned with your favorite garlic herb butter combination. You pick your favorite lettuce variety and dressing however this really is tops with plain ol’ mayonnaise.

IngredientsFrozen Texas Toast (3 slices) or equivalent crouton quantity
1/3 Cup Olive Oil Mayonnaise (leave the low-fat stuff in the fridge just this once)
¼ Cup Chile Sauce
¼ - ½ Tsp. Fresh Ground Peppercorns (to taste)
1 Avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
6 Cups Torn Romaine Lettuce (or your favorite variety)
2 Medium Vine Ripe Tomatoes (chopped)

The Raw

DSC_1605.jpg

Another new TOY...my avocado slicer...

DSC_1607.jpg

The finished product (my wife recommends you drizzle on the dressing vs. my mixing it all together...I have to agree. Great taste, a little soggy because I made it about an hour before dinner.

DSC_1610.jpg

Preparation

1.Preheat BGE or Oven to prepare toast, when baked, cut into 1” squares (or sub croutons)
2.Mix mayonnaise, Chile Sauce, Pepper and set aside.
3.In large salad bowl, toss tomatoes and lettuce, top with avocado slices and drizzle on the dressing mix.
4.Serve
Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241