Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for great place to eat in Atlanta

Options
safetyman
safetyman Posts: 80
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to Marietta for my sons graduation from Life University, he will be a Doctor of Chiropractic. Want to hit some good BBQ or steak places and also hit the 'Mothership' while there. I will definately go and get a skid of RO from Wallmart, lump is kind of scarce here in Michigan. What would be your suggestions for places to eat?

Comments

• Primeggister1
    Options
    I hear Kevin Rathburns is a great place to eat "Rathburns" he is the featured chef on the egg website. Do not go to the Hickory House (they only have good Brenswick Stew). We did not have the time to really explore the BBQ restaurants but try asking or looking on the firecooker.com website for recommendations.

Have a good time.
  • CrimsonTideGirl
    Options
    When we are in Atlanta, we like to eat at Houston's. Great steaks!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    There is no BBQ here that I would say is a "must see". The best here are really just average.

As for steaks, some of the best in the country are here.

Bones - the Atlanta staple

McKendrick's (my favorite) - best steak in town

Chops - try the lobster bar

Hal's - hidden and not well known, but terrific food and service

New York Prime - also a very good steak

Kevin Rathbun Steak - he's an egger. Was really good when it opened but has gone downhill recently. My last visit will be my last visit ever.

If you like sushi try Bluepoint in Buckhead.
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Options
    have you tried a GFS? 20 pound bag of Royal Oak for $13.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• boston_stoker
    Options
    Never been there, but a friend brought me sauce from Fat Matt's there which is pretty good.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    I have eaten at most of the places Fidel mentioned, and all are excellent.
    On the lower end of the spectrum..."Marietta Diner" which is near Life College is VERY good with dishes that are more upscale than you would expect from a diner, and desserts that are terrific and much sought after. "The Varsity" is an Atlanta Landmark and the worlds largest fast food eatery. Another Diner, but original/old school is the "Silver Skillet" near Georgia Tech which hasn't changed in decades.
  • kricks
    kricks Posts: 244
    Options
    I went on a mission to find good BBQ in Atlanta. Best for me is Fox Brothers. It is always packed.

Floataway Cafe is one of the best in Atlanta.

If you want a killer pizza try Antico Pizza Napoletana.
  • noonan1
    noonan1 Posts: 5
    Options
    If you are looking for a good brew my Friend lee is the beermaster at the Brick Store Pub. Killer beer, great food too.