Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new table

Options
jemrx
jemrx Posts: 81
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
CIMG2282.jpg

Are there any suggestions for covers? Other than a tarp.

Comments

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Nice job on the table :woohoo:
    BGE markets a cover, be sure to check the deminsions.
    Any canvas shop should be able to make you a custom one :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Real nice table.

I built two out of redwood a couple years ago and put three coats of marine varnish on it. I thought that would provide adequate protection but it is exposed to the elements constantly and now needs to be refinished. Your idea of a cover is a good one will protect from UV issues.

You may want to try rotating the green feet so there is a single one directly at the back. I started out like yours is set up but changed at someone's suggestion. It doesn't seem to rock back when opening the dome with a single one at the back.

I don't see the bottle opener accessory B) (I don't have one either)
    Matching green hubcaps will pimp it out even more ;)

Eggcelent workmanship Jack

IMG_1891800x600.jpg

101_1836.jpg
  • jemrx
    Options
    Thanks Frank your advice on the positioning of the feet. It makes sense and i'll make that adjustment. I'm learning so much from you guys here.
  • Judy's Egg
    Judy's Egg Posts: 104
    Options
    A Big Green Egg long table cover should fit. The table looks great. Enjoy.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Jack, about fell over when I saw your post, I grew up in Wallingford PA, Nether Providence Bulldog turned Strath Haven Panther, Marc
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Sauced Up
    Sauced Up Posts: 23
    Options
    I have a table very similiar to yours and have a cover used for ATV's. Elastic around the bottom and has held up well for over a year. (Approximate cost $40.00)
  • jemrx
    Options
    Hey Marc small world isn't it. Guess what I also have Miss Sylvia and Rocky.How is that for similarities! Jack
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Well that means you have good taste in home towns & coffee. My wife & I are both from Wallingford, we rolled out years ago for more elbow room in West Chester (Westtown), but there's no place like home. I drive through all the time, I work in Media & Wilmington.
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania