Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs and chicken together?

Options
Mark0525
Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is it possible to cook ribs and throw on some bone in chicken breast and have them done together?

Comments

• Mark0525
    Mark0525 Posts: 1,235
    Options
    I didn't think so either. It's a moot point now because my house full of people just became 2...lol so I will do the chicken tomorrow. Thanks
  • Slingblade
    Slingblade Posts: 28
    Options
    Of course its possible, but chicken doesn't really benefit from low heat. I would wait till ribs are off, crank the temp to about 400 then cook the chicken. It won't take long.

ps...the troll was jerking you. Why would it not be possible?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Slingblade, I understood that Mark0525 was not literally asking whether or not it was possible (of course anything is 'possible'), but rather whether or not it would be a good idea? Didn't you, in the end, provide the exact same answer as the 'troll', in a more wordy fashion?
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    The other day I did two whole chickens by themselves, I got the dome at 250 and let the chickens go indirect with some dizzy pig on them. They went for over 3-1/2 hours, I waited till the thickest part of the thigh/leg area got to 180, your time may vary, but came out great, a long cook for chicken but it was all done and very juicy and not dry.